Friday, October 8, 2010

Shout Outs!

I came across some more good authors on fanfiction.net and there's another website I wanted to show you too. So here's more for you people who find it hard to search through the slush and find good fics.

Luke1:  This guy is a master at taking characters from star wars and throwing them into situations that aren't in such a good light but keeping them in character. He is great when it comes to exploring what could have happened between Luke and Leia those fours years they didn't know they were twins and man is it awesome. The incest thing is very controversial but it's a great read. I was hooked on his story The Shadows Suit Me and now he's writing it's sequel Burning Bright. He's a slow updater but man it's so worth the wait. But watch out kids. These are mature stories.

Lilac Moon: Lilac Moon's specialty is Anakin/Padme fics and you can find many completed stories with them under her account and they're very long.  She's got two fics going that I have to talk about. The first is The Awakening: Revised edition which is a rewrite of the original fic which can still be found on her profile. It's about what might have happened if Palpatine replaced Anakin with his unborn son from the beginning and it's been updated to include Ahsoka and other favorites. The next story is Forbidden Longing and it's co-written so the updates are slow but omg! I have never read a fic that made Obi-wan become evil seem so believable. It wasn't at all far-fetched. It's amazing. That last story is only for mature audiences though and contains mentions of rape so if you can't handle that, don't read it.

KittandChips: This is an old writer and she doesn't write fics anymore, not for star wars anyway, but she has a really great series called Force Bond and it's about what might have happened if Vader had discovered Luke when he was around twelve or so. There are for main fics and about six that take place in between the first two. They are all the perfect balance between adventure, humor, drama, and other things. She puts a nice twist on the Luke/Vader fandom yet you still can believe that theVader is, well.... You can believe he's Vader the sith and Vader the father. Awesome read.

Until next time, LadyDae out.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, look at me expose myself. I typed "Shadows Suit Me" into google just because I was trying to get someone the link for it. Um. I wrote that. That was me. Anyway, god, it's super cool to see someone mention it in their blog! And with so much praise, too! Thank you so much! I know I'm updating Burning Bright so so slowly, but I think the story's taking off, so...hopefully it will be quicker now.

    Yes, and my blog has absolutely nothing to do with Star Wars. Funny.

    *awkward comment*

    ReplyDelete