Monday, September 20, 2010

Sanctioned by an Angel

So this is going to be my next story... If I can ever get through Light of Liberty (I didn't know what I was getting into when I wrote that), but here's a little sneak peak of it I guess you could say. It's not much since I only have three chapters written, but I think it will do.


“Is her request really too much to ask?”

Vader glared at Ahsoka. “Don’t even start with your lectures. I’m not in the mood.”

“You’re never in the mood for anything,” Ahsoka replied dryly crossing her arms.

“Watch it. Don’t make me change my mind about not killing you,” Vader warned.

“Yeah, yeah Anakin,” Ahsoka said to him. “You wouldn’t kill me. I’m the only one you trust with Leia.

“Try me?” Vader warned pointing a finger at her. “And don’t call me that. That name no longer has any meaning to me.”

Ahsoka knew when to back down. Vader was prone to volatile mood swings and she preferred not to be on the receiving end of them. Instead she calmed down and looked at Vader again.

“Why do you insist on staying in that cheap excuse for life support of a suit. You could get your hands on much better prosthetics, where you wouldn’t have to wear that mask. Leia would enjoy being able to take you to town and show you around instead of being stuck in the house to spend time with you,” Ahsoka noted.

“We’re not discussing this again,” Vader said firmly.

“Why not?” Ahsoka asked.

“Can’t you ever do as you’re told?”

“Learned it from the master,” she said pointedly and then continued. “Besides, I don’t know what’s stopping you. You certainly have the money for it and it wouldn’t be that hard to do it under the emperor’s nose.”

“I don’t doubt it. But I have no time to waste things over such trivial matters. There are more important things I must attend to,” Vader replied.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes. “Excuses, excuses. You’re just punishing yourself for what you did to Padmé, punishing yourself because you can’t find Luke,” she said knowing she was crossing a dangerous line. When he didn’t lash out at her, she continued, “But you’re punishing your daughter now. Besides, Padmé wouldn’t want you to punish yourself like this.”

Ahsoka felt Vader’s annoyance through the force. There was a reason he avoided her when he was here. She always spoke hard truths to him whether he wanted to hear them or not and in turn, he irked her with his distance and properness.

Vader stood up. “I’ll take care of Leia for the remainder of the evening. You may take some time for yourself.”

Ahsoka stood up and glared at him. “I take care of Leia because I want to, not because I work for you.”

With that Ahsoka left leaving an exasperated Vader in her wake. He’d rather be commanding incompetent imperial officers than be around his former student to be honest. She always awoke a long buried side of him that he didn’t want to admit was still there because it proved that perhaps the power he now held wasn’t worth everything he had given up and lost. Leia did the same, but Leia was his daughter and she was allowed to do that. Ahsoka was an entirely different matter. 

So as you can kind of tell, it's not going to be a peaches and cream for Ahsoka and Vader (as he slowly but surely redeems himself... eventually). Anyway, I have a lot of great ideas for this story and I want you input on the matter and since there aren't any rules to the blog per say, you can pretty much say whatever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment