Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sneak Peak: Forgive and Forget

Well I was reading some of my reviews in my Dark Ahsoka series and I realized how much potential the story still has. I still have to explain why Tarkin and Ahsoka don't get along, the story behind the Ladies in Waiting is something just waiting to be told and I figured I could do a Luke/Anakin piece too. So much to do and not enough time to do it. I wish I could just make a living off of writing fanfics and I would do this all day. In any case, I wanted to put up the sneak peak of Ascension from Darkness: Forgive and Forget, which will be out in January I think. But I really want Light of Liberty to be done yet I don't want to rush it. I do know it's going to have a third arc though. Anywho, here's the sneak peak:


“Ahsoka Amidala Skywalker Solo, get your little spoiled self back here!” they heard Han shout.

Leia sighed. “And there goes the moment.”

Both she and Luke got up and headed back into the Praxeum. When they stepped into the hall, they narrowly missed being run over by a blonde blur with Han skidding around the corner. One of the lights fell from the ceiling, narrowly missing falling on Han’s head.

Han swore a string of obscenities and Leia sighed as she reached out with the force and stayed her daughter in place. It was a difficult feat though. Not only had the eight year old girl inherited her grandfather’s looks, she also inherited his force talent. The girl had a knack for the force that not even Luke and Leia had at that age, and Luke was thrilled to have such a talented potential student. But the girl had one small problem.

Leia managed to get to the girl and grab her by the arm before the girl broke out of Leia’s force hold and tried to run off again.

“Hold on a minute young lady,” she said.

“Let me go,” the girl snapped.

“Ami,” Leia said to her. “What is it?”

“I was fixing the falcon and I did something on it daddy didn’t want me to do,” Ami said glaring at her father. Ami was her nickname. Leia never wanted to put pressure on her daughter that she had something big to live up to being named after two very powerful women in the galaxy so she started calling her Ami when she was four. “I was only trying to fix it.”

“I had already fixed it sweetheart,” Han said exasperated. “Now you messed it up again.”

“Only because you broke my concentration,” the eight year old snapped. “The force was guiding me through it and you ruined it.”

“Are you sure it was the force or was it your own desires?” Leia asked Ami softly. She expected the girl to sigh and admit yes, but Ami was never that relenting.

She snatched her arm out of her mother’s grasp and screamed. “I can’t stand you all. You treat me like I’m a child!”

“You are a child sweetie,” Leia said trying to comfort Ami.

Ami rolled her eyes and stomped her foot. “Ugh!” With that, the girl took off down the hall in a force induced run down the hall before Leia could try to stop her again.

Luke, feeling Leia and Han’s dismay in the force smiled sadly.

“Everyone has a problem child. She’ll grow out of it soon.”

Leia sighed as she went over to make sure Han was okay.

“I just don’t know what to do with her anymore Luke,” Leia replied. “I didn’t expect any of the attitude and anger issues until she was a teenager and hormones were going all over the place. I just don’t know what do,” she said with tears in her eyes. “I’ve tried everything, even taking time off and taking her out of school to go on vacations. Nothing’s working.”

“Hey,” Han said embracing Leia. “It’s okay. Don’t get yourself sick over this. We’ll figure it out.”

“Have you tried asking her why she’s so angry?” Luke asked.

Leia sighed. “It’s no use. She won’t tell me. She’s so secretive…”

“Well, I guess that means we should blame all of this on Dad,” Luke said jokingly. “She got it from him.”

“Don’t remind-.” Leia stopped and blinked. Luke started to ask her what was wrong until he did the same thing. Han looked between them and shook his head.

“Alright. What’s going on? You’re both doing that freaky force twin thing again,” he pointed out.

Then both of them exchanged an excited look before they too dashed down the hall in a force induced run ignoring Han’s shouts that if they were going to run to at least do it without the force so he could keep up with them.

The two dashed into the hanger and barreled into Anakin, just as he and Ahsoka stepped off the ramp of her shuttle.

“Dad,” they both said hugging him.

“Hey kids,” Anakin said smiling.

Ahsoka laughed. “You’d think you two were five years old with the way you all came running to see your father like that.”

“We’ve been so worried about you,” Leia said carefully when she pulled back.

“Yeah,” Luke agree standing next to his sister. “Are you alright?”

Anakin exchanged a subtle glance with Ahsoka and smiled. “Yes son. I’m fine.”

“That’s great,” Luke said. “Now come on. You’ve got to meet the students and-.”

“And I’m not here at all,” Ahsoka said rolling her eyes. “I’m just the girl who found your dad after he went missing and took care of him for the last five years. But don’t worry. I’m just peachy.”

“Sorry Ahsoka,” Luke said looking back at the woman with a grin.

“Nice to see you again,” Leia said carefully as she looked back and for the between her father and Ahsoka. She hadn’t missed the look they exchanged.

She decided to investigate later
So as you can see, this is just the set up for the conflict. Obviously,  Ami will play a huge role in this, but it won't overshadow the original star wars characters. You can get a lot of other stuff out of this too, but I'll let all of you speculate. If I told everything it would take the fun out of writing it. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment